Like any form of business, hiring an insurance agent could lead to potential problems. When you are looking for an insurance agent you are hoping to find a person who:
- Works hard to assess your individual insurance requirements
- Works hard to find you the right insurance coverage at the right price
- Listens to your needs and responds to them
- Cares about getting you the right coverage and protection
However, there are bad apples in the insurance agent pile. Some agents are not so interested in helping you find the right coverage, but instead are more interested in selling you a policy that will grant them the largest commission.
Here are some potential problems that you could end up facing with your insurance agent if you do not take the time and effort to locate a decent one:
- Some agents are less than ethical. They will attempt to get you to purchase coverage that is not right for your situation or that is too expensive for you. They will often do this in order to earn more money.
- Some agents are pushy. Rather than listening to your needs and responding to them, they will instead push you into purchasing things you may not want. Sometimes insurance agents can be too aggressive.
- A bad insurance agent is not knowledgeable about their products or services. They do not answer questions in a comprehensive manner and are not sure about the positives and negatives of each insurance plan.